[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-users] Calling Directory app from AGI

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Feb 1 12:06:45 CST 2011

On Monday 31 January 2011 22:21:14 Mike Diehl wrote:
> Steve Edwards wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Mike Diehl wrote:
> >> I've got an agi script that calls the directory function, which seems
> >> to work to a point.  However, once the caller has selected an entry,
> >> I need my agi script to find out which extension was selected.  I've
> >> RTFM'd and don't see that the extension is returned.  Nor is a
> >> variable set, as far as I can see.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to get this information from the directory
> >> application?
> >
> > No channel variable is set, but it would be a simple modification to
> > the source code to return the extension instead of dialing it.
>
> Is this a patch that anyone else would be interested in?  I could
> probably figure out how to accept a flag, say 'r', and return the
> extension.  I'm not an official asterisk developer, but I could/would
> sign a release. --

Mike, that sounds great.  The right way to go about this is through the
issue tracker at https://issues.asterisk.org.  This is also where you would
need to sign your license agreement for the contribution.  Just mark your
issue as Severity: Feature, and it'll probably find its way into 1.10.

--
Tilghman