[asterisk-dev] Proposal for DAHDI-trunk: deprecate old kernels

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Thu Dec 29 12:08:21 CST 2011

On 12/29/2011 11:42 AM, Oron Peled wrote:
>    * After DAHDI-2.8:
>      Drop support for 2.6.18 kernels.

I was with you right up until this point.  If support for 2.6.18 is released
before the enterprise distros maintenance period ends (RHEL5, March 2014), then
we are doing a serious disservice to these users.  There are a very large number
of users using RHEL5 (I would wager that at an absolute minimum, 80% of Asterisk
users on RHEL are still using RHEL5), and I don't expect that to change for at
least 18 months, when they start to realize they're losing support soon.