[asterisk-dev] Fwd: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8.7.1 forcing uLaw bug NOT fixed yet

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Dec 28 15:29:08 CST 2011

On 12/28/2011 03:20 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Can this bug be fixed? Apparently the offending code is what is
> mentioned below by Danny Nicholas.

This is incorrect. The code posted below is what generates the warning
message, but it (correctly) generates the message when a frame is
written to a channel in a format that the channel is not expecting.

Something is causing these frames to be sent; that is the real cause of
this bug. Other than the warning messages, though, I haven't seen anyone
report an actual *problem* (one-way audio, no audio, bad audio, etc.).
If the only problem is some annoying warning messages, and calls are
otherwise successful, this is not going to be a high priority to get fixed.