[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 10.0.0 Is Released!
Asterisk Development Team
asteriskteam at digium.com
Thu Dec 15 15:58:04 CST 2011
The Asterisk Development Team is proud to announce the release of
Asterisk 10.0.0. This release is available for immediate download at
Asterisk 10 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a
Standard support release, similar to Asterisk 1.6.2. For more
support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page:
With the release of the Asterisk 10 branch, the preceding '1.' has been
from the version number per the blog post available at
The release of Asterisk 10 would not have been possible without the
contributions of the community.
You can find an overview of the work involved with the 10.0.0 release in the
A short list of available features includes:
* T.38 gateway functionality has been added to res_fax.
* Protocol independent out-of-call messaging support. Text messages not
associated with an active call can now be routed through the Asterisk
dialplan. SIP and XMPP are supported so far.
* New highly optimized and customizable ConfBridge application capable
audio at sample rates ranging from 8kHz-192kHz
* Addition of video_mode option in confbridge.conf to provide basic video
conferencing in the ConfBridge() dialplan application.
* Support for defining hints has been added to pbx_lua.
* Replacement of Berkeley DB with SQLite for the Asterisk Database (AstDB).
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
Also, when upgrading a system between major versions, it is imperative
read and understand the contents of the UPGRADE.txt file, which is
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!
More information about the asterisk-dev