[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and Google

Malcolm C. Davenport malcolmd at digium.com
Thu Aug 25 16:11:39 CDT 2011

Howdy,

Are you a developer, skilled in the ways of Asterisk, who:
A) is frustrated by the uncertainty of Google Talk and Asterisk working on any given day?
or
B) wants free stuff?
or
C) both of the above?

Then keep reading!

The Asterisk community needs your help.  We need someone to take over maintenance of the Google channel driver in Asterisk (chan_gtalk).  Someone who can fix it, when Google makes changes.  Someone who can make it more resistant to breaking, when Google makes changes.  Someone who can give it the love that it needs, when Google makes changes.  And, if we're all lucky, someone who can consider sprucing it up so that it takes advantage of libjingle, by merging chan_gtalk and chan_jingle into one awesome channel driver.

Are you that person?

If so, head over to this wiki page:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Help+Maintain+Google+Talk+and+Voice

and add a comment detailing your Asterisk development background - additional experience in Jabber/Jingle/XMPP is a plus.

The free stuff?

If you're nominated to maintain the Google channel driver, Digium will provide you with a free pass (you're on your own for hotel, food, travel, etc.) to Astricon 2011.  Digium will also toss in some swag: t-shirts, backpack, stickers, etc.

More importantly, you'll probably earn the admiration of thousands.  Literally.

Who wants to help?

Malcolm Davenport
Digium, Inc. | Senior Product Manager
Tel/Fax: +1 256 428 6252