[asterisk-dev] There are not the tone definitions for Uruguay into dahdi.zonedata.c or indications.conf

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Thu Aug 18 10:51:14 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:51:19PM -0300, Helius Ferreira wrote:
> There are not the tone definitions for Uruguay into dahdi.zonedata.c or
> indications.conf
>
> My problem is this, there are not the tone definitions for Uruguay into
> dahdi.zonedata.c or indications.conf.
>
> Which is the best way, to add  this tones to dahdi into the
> .zonedata.c and indications.conf..?
>
> Not be necessary to add each time you compile asterisk
>
> helius
> From Uruguay

You will need to add the tones into zonedata.c if you need DAHDI to generate
tones (dial, stutter, ring, etc...) on your POTS lines. You will need the
tones in indications.conf if you want Asterisk to generate the tones from the
dial plan. So...you probably need them in both locations.

For zonedata.c if you open an issue in DAHDI-Tools (like issue DAHTOOL-53 [1]
which added tones for Panama) and attach a patch that works, I'll see that it
gets into the repository.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHTOOL-53

--
Shaun Ruffell