[asterisk-dev] Suspected deadlocks in Asterisk 1.8 under heavy load

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Aug 17 04:20:36 CDT 2011

On 17/08/11 19:03, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> Surely something that just consumes a significant amount of CPU shouldn't
> cause a deadlock directly? A deadlock indicates a logic error. Of course,
> the extra load might make the window longer for a potential deadlock to occur,
> but this might even aid in reproducing it and tracking it down...

I actually used the word "deadlock" because the symptoms appeared
similar to the old deadlock problems that used to exist in Asterisk 1.4.
However, I'm not particularly expert at diagnosing internal Asterisk
problems (okay, I'm terrible!), so that doesn't mean there's definitely
a deadlock this time. "deadlock-like" would be a more accurate word than
"deadlock".

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799