[asterisk-dev] Suspected deadlocks in Asterisk 1.8 under heavy load

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 17 02:31:04 CDT 2011

17 aug 2011 kl. 09:14 skrev Gunnar Schaller:

> Hello Kevin,
>
>> Matt Nicholson committed a change to the 1.8, 10 and trunk branches
>> today to solve a significant performance issue caused by the change to
>> chan_sip to return the SIP hangup cause to the 'master' channel. His
>> change made that behavior optional, even though it was already released
>> in 1.8, because of the performance impact it has. We had another
>> customer report a similar set of symptoms.
>
> Can you explain a bit more the behaviour with 'storesipcause' to
> 'off'? Is the sip cause getting lost after a call so I cannot access
> it on hangup? Any effects on CDR?
> Would be fine to have a jira link.

Asterisk 1.8 stores all the SIP response codes in memory in a hash, so if you call two SIP phones you can get each response from the dial plan. This caused a lot of processing that could severly slow down a machine.

With the patch, which was committed to 1.8 subversion yesterday, you can turn this on or off.

It doesn't affect signalling or any phone calls. It is just a matter of whether Asterisk should save these response codes in memory or not.

/O