[asterisk-dev] Developer Information Update

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 10 10:59:29 CDT 2011

Recently, we've become a bit lax in informing our community when new
developers join the team (both on the Digium team and from the community
itself). In an effort to improve the situation, I'm asking that
*everyone* who has commit access to any part of the Asterisk or Asterisk
SCF project repositories head over to https://wiki.asterisk.org. Once
you are there, if you don't already have a 'personal space', create one
(and choose the option to make it publicly visible, not private). If the
option to create a personal space isn't available to you, find me on IRC
or email and I'll make sure your account has the correct permissions.

In the main page of your personal space, please write a paragraph or two
about your experience, what you have done/are doing with Asterisk or
Asterisk SCF, and anything else you think might be relevant or useful.
Basically, introduce yourself to the community!

Please include on this page the nicks/handles you use on various
services: your committer username (for Subversion), your IRC nick, etc.

Thanks in advance; hopefully this will help get the community of
developers more familiar with each other. In the future, when someone is
granted commit access to one of the projects, we'll ensure they fill out
their personal space 'introduction' page first, and then send an
announcement to this list that they've joined the team.

--
Kevin P. Fleming