[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] fix detection of gcc attributes in menuselect

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 9 11:35:49 CDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 07, 2011 at 06:43:05AM -0000, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1330/#review3998
>

> The tests you've shown suggests that you've broken the test by
> modifying it.  Again, you must test this on Asterisk, first, as that
> is where the compilation will either fail or the Asterisk modules will
> fail to load.  The test in menuselect JUST simplifies the process of
> determining when to encode the workaround for a broken compiler.

How can you tell that it is broken?

Anyway, I applied the same fix on Asterisk, and I get:

Before:

before:

centos4: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */
centos5: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */
centos6: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
sarge: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */
etch: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */
lenny: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
squeeze: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref
wheezy: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */

After:

centos4: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
centos5: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
centos6: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
sarge: /* #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref */
etch: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
lenny: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
squeeze: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1
wheezy: #define HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_weakref 1

Asterisk builds fine. What run-time tests do you need to verify it works
properly?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com