[asterisk-dev] SIP race condition with directmedia and sendrpid?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Aug 6 09:10:48 CDT 2011

On 08/06/2011 06:40 AM, Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> - - it's acceptable for Asterisk to send the second re-INVITE without waiting for the first to be OK'd be the phone,

No, it's not. This is probably being caused by the lack of a full
transaction layer in chan_sip.

> - - it's acceptable for the phone to send a 500 Internal Server Error. From my understanding, a 491 Request Pending would be more appropriate *if* the second re-INVITE is valid.

'491 Request Pending' would be the appropriate response, although
there's nothing particularly wrong with the phone sending a 500 response
if the session is completely broken because of the overlapping INVITE
requests.

--
Kevin P. Fleming