[asterisk-dev] Final call for changes to Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.2

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Wed Apr 27 14:49:24 CDT 2011

Op 26-04-11 15:03, Russell Bryant schreef:

> On Apr 26, 2011, at 4:32 AM, Ron Arts wrote:
>
>> +1.
>

> I have the same comment here.  Can you please point me to the specific bug reports that have affected you?
 > I know 1.8 isn't perfect (or any other version of Asterisk), but it's useful to have additional feedback
 > on issues that have prevented migration.

No, my concerns are fed by the severity of bugs that are still being reported against 1.8. As long
as asterisk crashes are being reported as often as they are now, I consider 1.8 not to be
production ready. I am surprised the 1.10 branch was even opened.

I personally think a stable product should get at most a couple of crash reports per month,
and a development branch should not be opened until the former is the case.

I expect lots of people will not love me for saying this, but I think the asterisk developers
try to move forward to quickly.

But of course: just tell me it's open source, and I can do with it what I want. You're right,
and that's the road I've been dancing on for the last 7 years.

Ron Arts