[asterisk-dev] Final call for changes to Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.2

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Apr 27 08:33:02 CDT 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Leif Madsen wrote:

> On 11-04-27 07:24 AM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> It has been proposed in the past that possibly such branches could go into a
>> 'community supported' state, where the Digium team would only work on
>> security-related fixes, but community developers would be free to continue
>> applying bug fixes, and the release managers would continue to produce releases
>> on a similar schedule to what has been done for the past couple of years. Maybe
>> this idea should be revisited for the 1.4 branch.
>
> I'm certainly not opposed to this approach. I'd be happy to write up the release
> announcements and build the packages and such as appropriate. I could do it on
> the same schedule as our current releases, or if someone from the community
> wants to guide that branch, they can let me know when release candidates and
> releases are ready for consumption.

Yep, I'm fine with that, too.  If anyone would like to step up, I would be more than happy to talk in more detail about logistics and policy related to how this would work.  It has been done before (1.0) and it can be done again.  :-)

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software