[asterisk-dev] Final call for changes to Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.2

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Apr 26 08:32:02 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Thanks for posting this, Olle.
>
> It seems that resources are concentrated on 1.10, rather than 1.8.

That is absolutely not the case.  Sometimes it's easy for it to seem that way since the new development projects get a lot of attention while bug fixing gets very little unless you browse mantis or watch the commits.

We (Digium) have one person that has been spending a lot of time on new development and the rest of the software developers have all been working on maintenance.  We believe it's important to continuously push forward, but the vast majority of our efforts are spent on maintaining existing versions.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software