[asterisk-dev] Adding AMR-WB to Asterisk

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Thu Apr 14 15:59:00 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 15:16 +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 14 apr 2011 kl. 15.08 skrev sachin:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am new to asterisk, I want to add AMR-WB to Asterisk.
> >
> > Could any one tell me the steps to add new speech codec to asterisk. As the AMR-WB is 16000Hz and has the dynamic payload format, what are the changes that are required  for negotiation.
>
> I think a good start is to check the licensing. Is AMR-WB free for us to use without paying royalties anywhere?

The guys from opencore do not elaborate on the licence....

Library of OpenCORE Framework implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate
Narrowband and Wideband (AMR-NB and AMR-WB) speech codec. Library of
VisualOn implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate

Besides on http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/
it is available on packman, allthough the availability doesn't say
anything about the licence.

hw