[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Support for as-feature-event package

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Apr 8 07:50:22 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Why limit it to SIP? We're still building a multiprotocol PBX, right?

Well, we're building a multi-protocol telephony applications platform that can be turned into a PBX.  :-)

If there was a way to make it more generic that makes sense, I'm good with that.  The SIP-dnd device state provider kind of approach is very raw; expose the data, let the 'application' figure out what to do with it.

> We need to come up with a state that matches XMPP and SIP presence -
> there's a generic IETF guideline for this that I forgot the name for.

Let me know if you remember.  I'll go do some reading.

> The only object in Asterisk we can match it to is the voicemail
> accounts, lacking a user concept - hint: my old AUM code....

You're right, there's no user concept.  Arguably the concept of users is business logic that belongs outside of Asterisk.  It's tough to decide where to draw the line sometimes.

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software