[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] rmudgett: branch 1.8 r312889 - /branches/1.8/channels/chan_sip.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 5 13:10:56 CDT 2011

5 apr 2011 kl. 18.19 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:

> Add 416 response to OPTIONS packet.
>
> RFC3261 Section 11.2 says the response code to an OPTIONS packet needs to
> be the same as if it were an INVITE.

If you start down that path you open up for a massive amount of changes. In order to to this, you have to properly
authenticate every OPTIONs so that you can find out the configuration and answer that peer/user correctly.

Adding different answers for different OPTION target URIs may be dangerous from a security perspective. I don't think reacting to XMPP: uri's is especially dangerous, but before following up on this, we have to judge how far we want to go.

/O