[asterisk-dev] Q931_IE_TIME_DATE in libpri - only dump of IE available

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Fri Sep 24 02:48:22 CDT 2010

Hi all,

i have a box in the middle setup - where asterisk is accting as a gateway.
Box is using asterisk 1.8 - and latest libpri. Protocol is q.931

I now got a complaint that the time on the isdn phones is going to be wrong
- so i have taken a look into the q.931 protocol - and found out that there
is the Q931_IE_TIME_DATE element which does carry out the current time from
the network to the user.

I have taken a look into q931.c - and as far as i can see - it does only
dump the received IE.

I have searched bugs.digium.com - but can't find anything related to this.

I have seen that the bristuff patches have implemented something related to
this.

Does anyone know if there are current patches out there for the current
libpri to be able to forward such IE's when received - or to instruct
asterisk to generate such an IE for a call ?

I will look at the bristuff code - maybe this functions can get ported to
the current libpri...

best regards,
Wolfgang