[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 and T.38 gatewaying

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 22 17:31:41 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 00:26 +0200, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> 2010/9/23 Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:
> > The API changes that we have identified as 'required to support T.38
> > gateway implementation' (based on our planned design) are now merged and
> > part of the 1.8 branch.
>
> Awesome :-)

Agreed!

> > If that is the case, there
> > is a small chance it could be added in a future 1.8.x release
>
> Really!? :D

... maybe.  It would be a violation of current release policy.  We would
have to come up with some agreed upon policy and process that allows
something that is clearly a new feature to go into an existing release.
We can worry about it when there's code for it.

In any case, like I said in another message and as Kevin has alluded to,
even if it's not officially in 1.8, the API work that has been done was
so that it could be delivered as a self contained add on to Asterisk 1.8
that used existing APIs and didn't require any modifications to the
Asterisk core.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software