[asterisk-dev] Code review: app_queue: Give members a penalty time for not answering

Håkon Nessjøen haakon.nessjoen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:13:20 CDT 2010

I think the automatic mail was refused because I used another mail
address than I had initially registered with at the dev-list?
I think it's sorted out now though.

Anyways, someone please review the mentioned patch. :)

Regards,
Håkon Nessjøen

Description from reviewboard:

This patch adds a new option notpresent-penalty option on queues.conf,
which sets how many seconds of penalty a member will get for not
answering in time.

Say you have a queue with current setup:

penalty, member
0, member1
0, member2
1, member3

For example, if both member1 and member2 left their phones, and forgot
to log out, a normal queue would loop between these two users, trying
to get them to answer. With this patch, they will be given a penalty
when they don't answer, and so the queue will go to the next penalty
level if neither member1 or member2 is answering their calls.