[asterisk-dev] 1.8 Beta 5 and g729 codec?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Sep 13 10:44:25 CDT 2010

> Ok I wanted to do a production test as it appears that 1.8 fixes some
> DTMF issues with Broadvox and Level 3 but I can't put it into limited
> production with out the g729. Will it be announced some where when the
> g729 is ready. I will buy some for this box so I can test. I just
> realized that we moved the license that we had on the box to another
> production system.

We will post something to the various mailing lists once the modules are
available.

> Also has anyone put together docs on the channel logging system. I am
> hoping to use that in place of the older broken CDR system.

There are some docs in the doc/ directory.  Check out the generated PDF
or HTML documentation included with the tarballs.

> Can the channel logging system drop data to mysql or postgresql.

There is at least an ODBC CEL backend.  Check the cel/ directory for
others.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software