[asterisk-dev] How to improve astdb? Any ideas?

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Mon Sep 6 03:43:14 CDT 2010

On 6/09/10 3:17 PM, Mark Murawski wrote:
>    I remember talking to some main people in #asterisk-dev about a
> possible plan to ditch astdb and go with sqlite under the hood.  sqlite
> is really easy to incorporate into an app and is in public domain.  It
> can also be used completely in-memory, which will avoid the disk
> bottlenecks you're hitting.

I'm not sure that sqlite would be much quicker than brekley db (or
whatever astdb is).

When I've worked with it in the past I haven't found it to be that fast
- I guess no matter what the back end is some of the similar issues
would come up, so maybe some of the ideas would be useful regardless?
Even a config option to enable batching of some writes.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell