[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SCF

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Oct 29 19:46:49 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On 10/28/2010 01:49 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > wiki.asterisk.org is now live.
>
> Looks great. One thing I miss is separate documentation for the
> various
> Asterisk version, e.g. as Kamailio does:
> http://www.kamailio.org/w/documentation/

I have been torn on how I think that should be handled.  If you have one set of docs, you can just mark features with notes regarding which version(s) they apply to.  Documentation improvements can then easily apply to all versions.  However, on the other side, users of the documentation have to be careful to make sure that what they are reading applies to the version they are using.  I'm still inclined to stick with one set of docs, but I could be convinced otherwise.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software