[asterisk-dev] Issues when cross-compiling Asterisk 1.8

Floimair Florian f.floimair at commend.com
Thu Oct 28 08:04:40 CDT 2010

Hi everybody!

I'm using Asterisk on an embedded PowerPC module and for cross-compilation I used to have my own script, which always worked perfectly for all 1.4 versions.
After adapting the script for Asterisk 1.8 I am able to build it but when starting Asterisk on the target I'm getting errors loading modules including a segmentation fault on chan_iax2.so.

I don't want to put too much effort in it currently by myself but there is one question I would like to have answered by you:

Is there a "right" way to do cross-compilation and did anything change significantly in the configuration and make stages in the 1.8 series of Asterisk?

What I do now is simply setting the build host and target options during configure together with a few switches to point at the right directories (include, libs, ...) as well as setting the
environment variables $CC $LD and so on to the appropriate paths of the executables of the cross-compilation toolchain before calling configure.

Any hints are appreciated. Thanks!

With best regards

Florian Floimair
Firmware Development