[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SCF

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 28 05:14:18 CDT 2010

Hi

Digium seem to have made an announcement at Astricon regarding something
called "Asterisk SCF". Various sites seem to quote a press release vague
reports from the presentation.

The least merketoid stuff I could find is
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/asterisk-scf---universal-communications-api.asp

All reports refer to http://www.asterisk.org/ (the explicit URL) for
further information. This one, in turn, provides a link[1] to
http://www.asterisk.org/asterisk/scf . Which reads:

  Welcome to the new Asterisk SCF project, the world's first high
  performance, distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, open source
  communications framework. The complete Asterisk SCF documentation and
  development wiki will be available this afternoon (Wednesday, October
  27). Please check back then for access to the next stage in the open
  source communications revolution.

So at this stage I'm looking for a description that is slightly less
marketoidish and slightly more technical :-) Anybody?

[1] unless you have Javascript disabled

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com