[asterisk-dev] Asterisk v1.8.0-RC5 MOH and generic timing source

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Tue Oct 19 19:00:17 CDT 2010

Hi All,

Does anyone know if support for a generic timing source for MOH within asterisk 1.8.0-rc5 has been included?

When I compile 1.8.0-rc5 res_musiconhold is excluded from the build as menuselect says it requires DAHDI.

After checking the issue tracker it looks like bug id 0017726 has been closed with a patch that a generic timing source has been included.

I'm building on Solaris and cannot build DAHDI on Solaris and am reliant on the generic timing source for this module to build.

I opened up bugid 0018164 which has just been closed saying that DAHDI is required for MOH and that I should try the mailing list for support.

I'd just like to verify from the community that DAHDI is indeed required for musiconhold to build as bugid 17726 implies a generic timing source is available, however, bugid 18164 was closed stating that dahdi is required, I'm currently not certain which is indeed true. They seem to be conflicting.

Anyone know for certain?

Thanks
Bruce