[asterisk-dev] Oracle/Sun developer contacts?

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Tue Oct 5 14:34:54 CDT 2010

All -
   Does anyone on the list have a good contact in the development arm
of Oracle/Sun?  I'm looking for someone from the Telecom side of the
house, probably.  I'd like to see if I can reach someone who is
working on Asterisk-related tasks, to try to talk with them about some
specific things that Sun is doing about reliability and if they'd want
to assist us in some development work.  We have a lot of items in the
issue tracker as ideas and partial code that if realized would make
Asterisk much stronger, and there are firms like Oracle/Sun that have
the ability to do it, and maybe would, too, if asked in the right
way.  There are even some things (video processing, for example) which
could take advantage of some of the special stuff in (for instance)
the Sparc chips that would not directly benefit Asterisk, but would in
secondary ways help the project.

   Alas, Stephen Uhler does not appear to work there any longer - he
was a great help in years past, but his mail bounces now.

   I'm not picking on Oracle/Sun - other big companies like IBM would
be appreciated, too, but I'll just work on one at a time - there only
so many windmills I can tilt against at once.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/