[asterisk-dev] Realtime/MySQL limitation or Bug ?

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sun Oct 3 23:41:18 CDT 2010

On Sunday 03 October 2010 18:22:19 Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 2/10/10 8:04 PM, Phibee Network Operation Center wrote:
> > Do you know if the extension are limited when we use Realtime and MySQL ?
> >
> > I use Asterisk 1.6.1.4 with mysql 5.1.34 and when i use a table with
> > 34000 entry into the table, Asterisk start, load but when a user want
> > call, Asterisk crash
> > without any error.
>
> Have you had a look at the backtrace?
>
> Compile with DONT_OPTIMIZE, make sure you're dumping core and then use
> gdb to check why it crashed.

If a large percentage of them are pattern matches, then it's likely that it
crashed due to an out-of-memory condition.  The way that it currently works
is to search for an exact match first, then if no results, it will load all
pattern matches into memory in order to select the best match.  Because the
search algorithm is not available in the database, it must do it this way.
Additionally, MySQL operates in such a way that the process allocates memory
for the entire resultset, before anything is even parsed.  This leads to
an even larger memory footprint.

--
Tilghman Lesher