[asterisk-dev] App_queue doesn't sends correct AMI events to EXITWITHTIMEOUT, EXITWITHKEY, SYSCOMPAT, EXITEMPTY

Marcos Setim m.setim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:49:51 CST 2010

Hi,

> None of these changes will appear in 1.4, 1.6.2, or 1.8.  The earliest that
> any change like this could appear is in 1.10.  Beyond that, what must occur
> is that we agree that a) the current behavior is wrong, and b) your
> suggestions for the syntax should be the new, accepted events.
> Additionally, it is unlikely that any deprecated events will ever be
> removed, due to the problem of breaking existing applications.  To this
> end, I suggest that you lay out each of the new events, in terms of syntax.
> Examples for each would be fine.

Thanks for you attention. I confess that I am very sad to know that we can't
add any events at 1.8, 1.6 or 1.4. By the way, I believe that existing
applications can't get a correct calculation to find out the service level
(at real time) when you consider abandon and exitwithtimeout, exitwithkey at
formula =/ Anyway is possible distinguish the exitwithtimeout from abandon
comparing the holdtime and the absolute timeout of a queue.

Just let me ask (and let me be a pain in the neck LoL I feel that we are
jailed when we talk about new events =/): a) Why we can't add new events to
a 1.8 or even 1.6? Add new events can break out existing applications? The
"major" AMI API just "ignores" unrecognized events and, if accepted,  new
events should not cause major problems and the "homemade" api generally
don't interpret a lot of events "not useful" to your aim.  b) In this
particular case, the app_queue sends an event that not corresponds with
"correct information" expected. So will it be sent forever by AMI (together
with new events, if they are accepted)?

Here are examples to new events (to be validated):

Event: QueueCallerExitWithTimeout or QueueCallerExitTimeout
Queue: 999999
Uniqueid: 999999999.999
Position: 9999
OriginalPosition: 9999
HoldTime: 999999
AbsoluteTimeout: 99999 # it represent the max wait time in a queue to a
caller

Event: QueueCallerExitWithKey or QueueCallerExitKey
Queue: 999999
Uniqueid: 999999999.999
Position: 9999
OriginalPosition: 9999
HoldTime: 999999
Key: 9999 # What key the caller pressed to exit?

Event: QueueCallerExitEmpty
Queue: 999999
Uniqueid: 999999999.999
Position: 9999
OriginalPosition: 9999
HoldTime: 999999
Key: 9999 # What key the caller pressed to exit?

Event: QueueCallerExitSyscompat
Queue: 999999
Uniqueid: 999999999.999
Position: 9999