[asterisk-dev] E1 CAS dchan=16 [was: Re: [svn-commits] kmoore: tools/trunk r9485 - /tools/trunk/xpp/perl_modules/Dahdi/Config/Gen/]

Will nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:35:08 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before the change, the following configuration would be generated for a
> span (in this case: channel for span 1)
>
> cas=1-15,17-32,1101
> dchan=16
>
> That second line was added later on as I noticed that without it some
> things break (things to do with the 16-th time slot. I'll try to figure
> them out later).
>
> Could you please elaborate on the bug DAHDI-763 ?
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen

Tzafrir,
When configurations were generated for MFC/R2 links, the dchan line would
generate an error since (as of rev 9056) signaling is not allowed to be set
on channel 16 of E1 CAS lines because it is reserved for robbed bit data.  I
added this restriction in the single, dual, and quadspan drivers to ensure
the channel can not be overwritten accidentally, but I apparently neglected
the xpp drivers. Would you agree that channel 16 should never be directly
written to when in E1 CAS mode?

Kinsey