[asterisk-dev] Double tones sometimes detected with RFC2833

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 10 15:56:14 CST 2010

On 11/10/2010 02:58 PM, Bryan Field-Elliot wrote:
> We are using Asterisk 1.6.2.6, and have several applications running which are touchtone based and we use RFC2833 exclusively.
>
> For a very small number of clients, we seem to be getting "double tones" every so often, i.e. a "0123" will be transmitted, but our Asterisk app receives "00123".
>
> I don't know what the source is of the extra digits -- perhaps Asterisk is decoding the RFC2833 "0" digit twice, or, perhaps it's processing the RFC2833 "0" digit, and also detecting "0" from the inband audio data at the same time.  99% of the time, this doesn't happen and all is well, but I'm trying to chase down that final 1%.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this, what we might do to work around it, etc.?

This is really more appropriate for the asterisk-users list, but I'll
save you some time for the first step: you need to be running a current
release before people will be able to help you much. There have been
dozens, if not hundreds, of changes made between 1.6.2.6 and 1.6.2.14,
and reviewing the change logs may very well show that RFC2833 and/or
DTMF processing have had bugs fixed. Even if they don't, moving to the
current release would make it much easier for people to be able to
reproduce your problem.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com