[asterisk-dev] device_state distribution issues

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Nov 9 10:17:42 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-09 at 10:54 +0100, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> What seems strange to me is that in devicestate.c in function
> process_collection(...) you iterate over the per-server states:
>
>    for (i = 0; i < collection->num_states; i++) {
>      ast_debug(1, "Adding per-server state of '%s' for '%s'\n",
>      ast_devstate2str(collection->states[i].state), device);
>      ast_devstate_aggregate_add(&agg, collection->states[i].state);
>    }
>
> But the debug-message is always seen only once per state change. Thus,
> to me it looks like as the processing does not process all states from
> all servers but only the last received event.

Yes, if that message is only coming up once per state change, then it is
not working properly.  The cache does not properly have the state for
each server (or it's not reporting it when requested).  I'll have to set
this up to get any further with it, I think.

Can you please create a bug report for this, as well?

Thanks again for all of your testing and analysis of the results.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software