[asterisk-dev] doc/ -> wiki.asterisk.org

Chris Tooley chris at tooley.com
Wed Nov 3 18:36:35 CDT 2010

Sorry for the top-post, my phone won't let me do anything else.

However, my one reason for have plain text documentation with the source
code... grep
On Nov 3, 2010 5:15 PM, "Russell Bryant" <russell at digium.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 17:01 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 22:31 +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> > I think we need to be careful with documents that are needed in install
and basic configuration.
>> > I always use the channelvariables document in text format and it needs
to be there, hopefully also in the svn versions.

>> > I love wikis, but as Klaus said, they are NOT reachable in many, many
cases where we install the software.
>> > Use them for examples and keep the reference in the source tree. We
also use some text files as includes
>> > in the doxygen. Make copies of it the same way for the wiki - without
allowing edits - just comments.