[asterisk-dev] doc/ -> wiki.asterisk.org

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Nov 1 13:52:15 CDT 2010

Greetings,

As you have probably seen by now, there is a new project wiki available:

    http://wiki.asterisk.org

This wiki was originally created to host documentation for the Asterisk
SCF project.  We then realized that it would be very valuable to host
all of our Asterisk documentation there, as well.  At this point,
everything from the doc/ directory (from Asterisk 1.8) has been imported
into the wiki.  In addition, we have created a tool that syncs the XML
based documentation from the Asterisk source with the wiki
(applications, functions, AMI actions, AGI commands).

Now that the wiki has been made available, I would like to strip most of
the documentation from the doc/ directory in favor of the wiki.  It does
not make sense to have the documentation in more than one place.  The
wiki supports exporting the documentation as a PDF, so we can still
include the docs in a tarball.

Before I go and start ripping files out of the source tree, I wanted to
post this to give people an opportunity to ask questions or provide
feedback.

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software