[asterisk-dev] 1.6.1.20 regression: Tones not always generated

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed May 26 11:55:50 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> (for example, I have all the asterisk self-contained in /opt/asterisk without
> any files dropped to the general system directories like /etc, /lib etc., which
> still cannot be done with just configure --prefix=/opt/asterisk because of
> paths hardcoded to the source, documentation etc.).

I'm not sure of your issue, but this should work properly.  I would
retry using the latest 1.6.2 branch, if it does fail, I would create a
separate issue for that.

> These debugs were created by calling this extension:
> exten => 13006,1,Macro(stdserv,0,"Ring Tone Check")
> exten => 13006,n,Proceeding()
> exten => 13006,n,Wait(1)
> exten => 13006,n,Progress()
> exten => 13006,n,Wait(1)
> exten => 13006,n,Ringing()
> exten => 13006,n,Wait(60)
> exten => 13006,n,Hangup()

I would include this example in your issue, and attach your debug log
(http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/doc/HOWTO_collect_debug_information.txt).
I quickly tested it with 1.6.2.6 and did not hear Ringback in this
example.

One change would be to start with Progress(), but that change still
does not generate ringback.

I only reference 1.6.2 because any fix will be made in that branch,
you could always backport the fix to your local 1.6.1 branch.
--
Paul Belanger
Polybeacon | Consultant