[asterisk-dev] AMI and ExternalIVR

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Thu May 13 14:17:17 CDT 2010

I have an application that receives calls through AMI (using async agi).
As the call comes into Asterisk my application is notified of the call
and it uses AGI commands to answer the call.  It then attempts to send
it to an ExternalIVR socket to play various prompts and collect digits.
All this works very well.  However, when the ExternalIVR socket attempts
to play sends an 'A,beep' command it never plays.  If I send the call to
the ExternalIVR via the dialplan (instead of AMI and Async AGI, the
ExternalIVR socket is able to play).

Commands sent on the AMI (Async AGI) interface to set a channel
variable, Answer the call, and then send the call to the ExternalIVR
socket.

Action: SetVar

ActionID: 2

Channel: SIP/1000-00000000

Variable: Channel

Value: SIP/1000-00000000

Action: AGI

ActionID: 3

Channel: SIP/1000-00000000

Command: Answer

CommandID: 3

Action: AGI

ActionID: 4

Channel: SIP/1000-00000000

CommandID: 4

Command: EXEC ExternalIVR ivr://127.0.0.1:2949,n,i

Is there some reason the ExternalIVR does not work while the call is
also affiliated with async agi?

Is there a different way to transfer control from the AsyncAGI to the
ExternalIVR socket?

When the ExternalIVR is completed, I would like to have the call come
back to the AMI (Async agi) application so that it can perform more work
with the call.

Have a great day!

Dan