[asterisk-dev] Asterisk modules in C++

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Sun May 9 14:25:53 CDT 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010, Deepesh D wrote:

> Performance is the main reason for switching from AGI to module. Will
> a FastAGI running on the same server as asterisk give me improved
> performance?

  Yes.  FastAGI is faster, at least in my situation where I'm running perl
  using Net::Server::Fork.  Since Net::Server starts up and stays in memory,
  forking is pretty fast and doesn't take up too much memory.  It's always
  faster than starting perl cold when a call comes in.

  A C++ FastAGI script would be even better.