[asterisk-dev] Asterisk modules in C++

Donny Kavanagh donnyk at gmail.com
Sat May 8 15:19:42 CDT 2010

Consider FastAGI, I presume one of your issues is that agi spawns one
process per call, however if you took the FastAGI approach, you would bolt a
socket layer onto your app and then asterisk will connect via tcp.  This
would probably give you the best of both worlds, your app is now
multi-threaded only one process required, but you still keep everything
separate from asterisk and don't have to learn how to write an asterisk
module.

Donny