[asterisk-dev] res_config_mysql - maximum field length for appdata

Sebastian Denz asterisk-dev at gonicus.de
Fri May 7 09:58:08 CDT 2010

Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2010, um 15:29:07 schrieb Tilghman Lesher:
> On Friday 07 May 2010 04:24:15 Sebastian Denz wrote:
> > as I am trying to write a complex macro for my users i have the problem,
> > that the appdata field in the extensions table is to small for all my
> > macro parameters.
> >
> > I am using the DB definition from
> > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+Extensions
> > so appdata is limited to 128 characters.
> >
> > And I would prefer some more ;)
> >
> Certainly 200 is not a length barrier.  The next limit up really is more
> along the lines of 4095 characters, which is the size of the variable
> expansion buffer.  Starting in 1.8, even that limit will be gone, as the
> variable expansion routines have been modified to use as large buffers as
> needed (or, in most cases, as small as, which should create a commensurate
> performance boost).

Thanks you very much for that fast reply!

So I think I can safely alter the appdata row in my extensions table to 512
characters, without running into problems? :)

Just to be sure...

Best Regards,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Denz <sebastian.denz at GONICUS.de> (System Engineer)
* GONICUS GmbH * Zentrale * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg

*Sitz der Gesellschaft: Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg
*Geschaeftsfuehrer: Rainer Luelsdorf, Alfred Schroeder
*Vorsitzender des Beirats: Juergen Michels
*Amtsgericht Arnsberg * HRB 1968