[asterisk-dev] Help with bug fix for IMAP voicemail?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:11:04 CDT 2010

Hi -

I reported this issue a while back:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16350

It's about not being able to reliably delete IMAP voicemails.  As of
1.6.1.6, IMAP voicemails were deleted reliably every time.  Sometime
between 1.6.1.6 and 1.6.1.10, something broke.  Now, when you attempt
to delete multiple IMAP voicemails, most of the ones that are marked
for deletion do not actually get deleted.  This issue is affecting all
the more recent 1.6.X releases.

I've revisited the code a number of times, and I just can't figure it
out.  The only changes in vm_imap_delete() that I can see are that an
expunge was explicitly ADDED in the more recent versions.  So, I guess
whatever the issue is, it's happening outside of vm_imap_delete().
I've gone over the changelog, and I can't pick out any single change
that would cause this problem.

Can anybody think of any voicemail changes that have happened that
might affect IMAP deletion?  Anybody have any debugging tips to try
and track this down?

Thanks,
Noah