[asterisk-dev] [dahdi-commits] fjoe: freebsd/trunk r8605 - /freebsd/trunk/drivers/dahdi/dahdi_dynamic.c

Max Khon fjoe at samodelkin.net
Tue May 4 09:57:29 CDT 2010

Hello, Kevin!

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

On 05/04/2010 09:18 AM, SVN commits to the DAHDI project wrote:
> > Author: fjoe
> > Date: Tue May  4 09:18:00 2010
> > New Revision: 8605

> > Log:
> > Implement "hardhdlc" mode for dahdi_dynamic spans.
>
> This is not a FreeBSD-specific feature, and it really should not appear
> in this port before appearing in the Linux port. Please work with the
> DAHDI team to get new features that are not FreeBSD-specific reviewed
> and merged into the primary Linux branch first, before adding them to
> the FreeBSD branch. If you want to put new features into a developer
> branch for review and testing that's fine, but it would really be far,
> far preferable for the Linux and FreeBSD DAHDI ports to have feature
> parity at all times. Thanks.

I've been working on this (on dahdi/linux/trunk) with redfone for the last
month and we now consider that the code is suitable for submission to the
DAHDI source tree. I am going to submit a patch to the DAHDI tracker today.

The FreeBSD patch that I committed is just the same code that I am going to
submit today.

Max