[asterisk-dev] SIP register expiry timer

Nick Lewis Nick.Lewis at atltelecom.com
Tue May 4 03:31:09 CDT 2010

>So it looks like they are overriding my default timer. Is there a way
>override their response so I only regester every 1800 sec?

>Thanks,
>Josh

It looks as if there are a number of problems.

The parameter for setting the default expiry has an error in your
sip.conf. It should be defaultexpiry=1800 (defaultexpirey=1800 would
also be acceptable). I think this will change the requested expires
header from 120 to 1800.

However as you point out broadvoice are using 30 seconds for the expires
header. Unfortunately the correct expiry negotiation consists of the UAC
requesting a value and the UAS deciding the value so I do not think
there is a way to change this.

One thing that confuses me is that Asterisk seems to be retransmitting
even when it is receiving a 200 OK response. I would expect it to send
an acknowledge instead. Perhaps Asterisk is not able to match the 200 OK
response to the REGISTER request for some reason so is sending again and
again.

-- N_L

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
Disclaimer of Liability
ATL Telecom Ltd shall not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the  information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyones use  of the information. In no event shall ATL Telecom Ltd be liable for any direct, indirect,  incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to,  procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business  interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict  liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of  this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

Registered Office: ATL Telecom Ltd, Fountain Lane, St. Mellons Cardiff, CF3 0FB
Registered in Wales Number 4335781

All goods and services supplied by ATL Telecom Ltd are supplied subject to ATL Telecom Ltd standard terms and conditions, available upon request.