[asterisk-dev] RTP streams suddenly stop

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Mar 29 13:27:37 CDT 2010

On 03/29/2010 12:01 PM, Tony Mountifield wrote:

> Have there been no reports of adverse effects from calling zt_recieve() and
> zt_transmit() in batches of four every 4ms instead of evenly at 1ms intervals?

None that I've heard.  As far as I can tell, what's important is that dahdi_receive and dahdi_transmit is called 1000 times a second.  Especially when you consider that even if HZ is set to 100, and dahdi_dummy is running once every 10ms, it's still being called twice as often as the packet interval of a typical RTP stream (assuming 20ms of audio / packet).

The only catch after that patch attached to issue 13930 was to make sure it didn't lock up if the system clock changed. [1]

http://svn.asterisk.org/view/dahdi?view=revision&revision=6933

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer