[asterisk-dev] Proposed Release Schedule Updates

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 23 12:31:34 CDT 2010

Greetings,

The existing release schedule [1] says that both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 will go
into security only maintenance in April of 2010.  Even though this is
documented and has been previously discussed, we should give users
another very obvious notice of this change at least a month before it
occurs.

To provide ample time to provide notice of this change, the proposed
change to the release schedule is to have 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 go into
security only mode after the bug fix update planned for the beginning of
May.  The net result would be extended bug fix support of 1.6.0 for a
month or so, and just a week or two for 1.6.1.

After leaving some time for feedback on the -dev list, the next step
will be to announce the upcoming maintenance state change for 1.6.0 and
1.6.1 to the mailing lists and asterisk.org.

Feedback on this upcoming change before we proceed is welcome.

Thanks,

[1] http://www.asterisk.org/asterisk-versions

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software