[asterisk-dev] translate.c157

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Mar 23 09:37:48 CDT 2010

Hi

I have an issue that is driving me crazy.  I am testing interopt with the
sipdroid client. The issue is we need to run GSM with it to accommodate the
carriers bandwidth limitations.  Calls go through fine and we can hear
audio with out issue but I get this message in asterisk

Asterisk 1.6.1.14
[Mar 23 10:27:28] WARNING[13242]: translate.c:157 framein: no samples for
gsmtolin

What is wrong that would be causing this warning? Asterisk supports gsm so
why would this be occurring...

Asterisk 1.4.25.1
I am also seeing a similar error on another switch as well
[Mar 23 10:32:31] WARNING[11345]: translate.c:175 framein: no samples for
ulawtolin

I have looked through the code and can't figure out what is going on here.
What causes these warnings?  How can I address them? They don't appear to
be causing the call an issue they just mess with our monitoring apps.
Should I be concerned or are they just useless info?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bryant