[asterisk-dev] bug 0016466: cidname and cidnum in output of "sip show peers"

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Mar 22 11:36:02 CDT 2010

22 mar 2010 kl. 17.02 skrev Russell Bryant:

> On 03/22/2010 10:35 AM, Ron Arts wrote:
>> Anyway, what about the other suggestion? Should I spare myself the trouble?
>> Are there people depending on parsing logfile output?
>
> I like the other suggestion.  Those are verbose messages, not log
> messages, (even though you can send verbose to the log).  I would be
> okay with making those verbose messages more useful by including CallerID.

Agree. But if we do, it has to be configurable and parsable and part of the logger module. So we basically have to add a channel pointer to a version of the ast_log command (ast_log_channel() ) to make the logger system aware of the channel.

1. Change logger system, add new function call, add config option in logger.conf
2. Gradually change log messages to use ast_log_channel and send a pointer to the channel

This way, we can have callerID, but also channel name and other data  - like tech - added as prefixes to the logger. Subsystems can then sort log files according to this. Imagine sorting on accountcode - you could have one log file per account, which would REALLY help support.

Just hacking caller ID into the text strings is fun, a lot of work, but not really helpful in the long term.

/O