[asterisk-dev] New Spandsp FAX Backend

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Mar 21 20:25:51 CDT 2010

sean darcy wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>> could very well be API changes in Asterisk itself that will mandate
>> minor changes in the code to be able to compile it for Asterisk 1.6.2.
>>

> Yup. See earlier post.
>
> res_fax.c: In function 'generic_fax_exec':
> res_fax.c:644: error: variable 'expected_framesubclass' has
> initializer but incomplete type
>
> and so on.
>
> Is res_fax expected to be in 1.6.x? Or is it set for a later release?

It's a new feature, so the first release branch it will be included in
will be 1.8 (what is now trunk). We still aren't quite done fixing up
all the T.38 session negotiation parts (many changes were made last week
and are in testing right now), so we wouldn't even want to merge it into
older branches for at least a month (if there is even a decision to do so).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com