[asterisk-dev] New Spandsp FAX Backend

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 19:27:29 CDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> sean darcy wrote:
>
>> Can you patch 1.6.2.6 to try this fax backend? If so, how? Or do you
>> need to use svn trunk?
>
> I would think that res_fax and res_fax_spandsp would compile and work in
> 1.6.2 with very little effort, possibly no changes required at all.
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
> skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com
> Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
>
> --

If I have res_fax.so from Fax for Asterisk, then all I need is res_fax_spandsp?

But for x86-64, I just get
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/trunk/res/res_fax_spandsp.c,
res_fax.c and res_fax.exports and drop them in res/ for 1.6.2.6?

This sounds waaay too easy, but it built. For both 1.6.2.6 and
1.6.1.18. You just need to make sure you deselect app_fax in
menuselect.

Now to see if it works.

Thanks

sean