[asterisk-dev] [Bamboo] lots of bamboo on asterisk-dev

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Mar 18 09:46:05 CDT 2010

On 03/18/2010 08:48 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Why not send them to asterisk-commits? I guess all developer with commit
> privileges are subscribed to asterisk-commits too.

Well, commits are an order of magnitude higher in volume than bamboo
messages, so for that reason it makes sense to have its own list, I guess.

Testing is a critical part of our software development life cycle.  The
same goes for peer code reviews which are also all included on this
list.  I absolutely do not want this stuff out of sight (and thus out of
mind for the majority).  I want to make it as visible as possible, and
encourage participation.  Having reviewboard traffic come to this list
has significantly increased participation there.

If the code never breaks, and the test infrastructure works, the bamboo
messages will never come to this list.  If messages hit the list, that
means things are broken, and participation is encouraged from anyone and
everyone to help improve that situation.  Let's work together to make
Asterisk better, and sometimes that involves having failures shoved in
our faces.  :-)

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.  |  Engineering Manager, Open Source Software