[asterisk-dev] FastAGI

Pirow Engelbrecht Pirow.Engelbrecht at ttp.com
Tue Mar 16 03:48:07 CDT 2010

Hi,

What I was actually trying to do was to tell Asterisk to record the user
input (via FastAGI) and then retrieve the recorded audio over that same
socket connection. The asterisk-audio-tx project seemed to do this via
the GET SOUNDFILE method, but this is for Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6.

The solution I came up with is to direct Asterisk with the RECORD
function via FastAGI to record the user audio to a file that I
designate. I then call EXEC via the FastAGI connection that executes
another AGI script that takes the filename as an argument, and pushes
the audio file via a socket connection to the FastAGI server. A bit
convoluted, but it works.

Pirow